AUTOMOTIVE - Cars, Trucks, Motor Bikes - HANDY HINTS & TIPS
efficient, affordable websites..
**AA** STOP : REVIVE : SURVIVE:
Throughout Australia we have the Stop, Revive, Survive campaign that encourages drivers to start their trip after a good 8 hours sleep and not to drive for more than 3 hours without taking a break, and not to drive if you feel too tired.
Not enough emphasis can be put on the importance of this simple strategy that improves the safety of our roads.
Most townships have Driver Reviver Stations where you can pull in rest and have a coffee, tea or softdrink.
By abiding by the Speed Limits and NOT Driving whilst under the influence of alchohol or drugs, or whilst talking or texting on mobile phones we can each improve road safety.
A CHECK LIST BEFORE STARTING OUT:
- Check to ensure your Tyres do not have excessive wear.
- Check your Tyre pressure regularly - including your Spare Tyre.
- Check your Winscreen Wipers - a good tip is to replace them every 12 months
- Always check your dashboard for any Electrics warnings
- Check under your car for Oil leakages.
- Check your oil and top it up if necessary
- Have your water reservoir checked to ensure it is up to the maximum mark and correctly mixed.
- Check your fuel - try not to go into the warning level. Sometimes a long stay in a traffic jam could be enough to empty your tank - and cause another traffic jam.
- Check your headlights and indicators - ensure they are clean and working.
- See and Be Seen - have your headlights on at all times.
To extend the life of your car, changing the oil, is one of the most important things you can do..
How to change the Oil in Your Car...
Changing a flat or damaged tyre is certainly something that would be beneficial or something you should know how to do...Don't rely on strangers.
How to change a Tyre on Your Car...
VEHICLE MAINTENANCE & REPAIR:
Extend the life of your vehicle with regular maintence. Find helpful information & articles at the following site..
Car Maintenance and Repair...
at wikiHow -
Cars, Trucks, Motor Bikes