WEBSITES - DESIGN - CREATION - HANDY HINTS & TIPS
WEBSITE OPTIMIZATION TIPS ~ PUT SIMPLY
efficient, affordable websites..
When created - if by a responsible web designer - it would have been optimized for the Search Engines with a Title, Description & Keywords relevant to your business, products or services and submitted to the various Search Engines.
GAINING A 'PAGE RANK' & PAGE 1 IN SEARCH ENGINES:
This will ensure that you are placed in the Search Engines - however it will not guarantee that you'll achieve a 'Page Rank' or place in the top 20 or even 40 results for your search terms.
- You can employ a SEO consultant - this usually comes with a pretty hefty fee
- You can help yourself - simply & effectively by applying a little effort and time - free of charges.
You can achieve relevant results primarily in two ways -
With more than 1 billion regular internet users worldwide, and at least 72,000,000 individual domain names in current usage (source = DomainTools.com). Unless your site is optimised, promoted, and has a relevant linking program in place, the chances of your business being found by people or organisations who may want what you have to offer is negligible.
- Make sure you have your logo, email and pertinent images on your Web Presence.
- Check your descriptive words to ensure that they highlight and sell the benefits of your business, products, services.
- List your business in any and all appropriate categories.
- Ensure your web address is added to your Business Cards, Letterheads, Email, Flyers, Brochures and TV/Paper advertisements.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP YOURSELF?
WHAT YOU CAN DO - TO HELP YOUR WEB PRESCENCE:
Tips for improving your Web Presence::
So you have a 'web presence' - a website, single web page or a stand alone web advertisement.
Whatever type of web presence you have - you can have a part to play in how noticeable it will be on the Internet...how and where it will show in the Search Engines (without spending mega $'s.).
To gain a 'Page Rank' and place in the top 20 search results you need to have other relevant and Page Ranked sites (PR 3) linking to your site.
Combining your site content descriptive text, the title, description & keywords plus relevant sites linking back to yours = SEO - Search Engine Optimization.
That's what search engine optimisation is all about - making sure people can find your goods and services readily amongst those 72,000,000 registered domains on the internet.
- Add your business including your web address (with a live link) to any available websites.....Council sites with a Business Register; Your suppliers websites Distributor listing pages; Any Dealer websites listing pages; Any sites relevant to your business that you can add yourself to.
- Note: Any listings on sites that do not link back directly to your website will not help your web presence or your ranking.
- Look for relevant sites (where possible with a Page Rank of at least 3) that you can exchange links with (Reciprocal Links).
- Don't leave your site static - Consider adding a quarterly or monthly announcement plus a small image – new stock/sale/special offer – this encourages people to come back to see what's happening in your business.
- Gather your client email addresses and start your own Newsletter keeping them up to date on new products, promotions, sales..
- Check your emails regularly and respond to all inquiries immediately if possible.
Cars, Trucks, Motor Bikes